Thursday 23 December 2010

Uffie

So I have decided that my artist of the week is..... (drum roll please) Uffie!



I first heard of Uffie a few years ago when she did a track with Justice called "Tthhee Ppaarrttyy".


I am literally obsessed with her voice, it's ridiculously unique along with nearly everything else about her. After following her for a good year now I have come to realise that she changes her clothing style every week, has had an interesting up bringing, and produces some of the best tracks I have ever heard.


A quick glance a wikipedia would tell you that Uffie or Anna-Catherine Hartley as she's known by her friends and family is originally from Miami and came to Paris via Hong Kong....... Nice!


I saw Uffie at Creamfields this year and was lucky enough for her to grab hold of my hand (I know get me huh!) he is as good live as she sounds on disc which is unusual for someone in the genre.


In recent months she collaborate with one of my first loves Pharrell Williams on "Add SUV" again amazing.


If I was to recommend one Uffie track (which is hard anyway) I would recommend "Pop the Glock". Love the video aswell! Honestly this song is in my top 5 all time songs, very good and very original.




So to summarise. GO AND CHECK OUT UFFIE!


Below is my homage to Uffie. Hott man of the week next..... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment