Wednesday 22 December 2010

1st Post...

So my bestie Alix (and part time Haus of Belles Editor) made me realise now was the time to get myself a blog, therefore here I am!


Every day I surf the Internet, looking for fashion inspiration and or celebrity gossip and decided that it would be nice to document it, seeing as so much time is spent anyway.


This post it going to be dedicated to our Fashion Designer of the Week Mara Hoffman;


A little bio for you;
"Mara Hoffman is a New York fashion designer whose line, Mara Hoffman, launched in 2000. Hoffman studied fashion design and graduated from Parsons School of Design in New York City and Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London. Mara Hoffman has evolved from collections featuring hand-dyed couture pieces to her current collections which concentrate heavily on original silk prints. Her line encompasses everything from swimwear to cashmere coats. Hoffman pulls her inspiration from nature, world travel and fantasy."


I first came across her designs when I saw Kim Kardashain wear one of her dresses for a dinner date and fell in love instantly.
I know that Lauren Conrad and Rihanna have also worn dresses by this Designer.




Below are a few of my choices from the Resort 2011 Collection;








Below are some of my favourite dresses from previous collection;














I love these designs as they have a Native American/Aztec feel about them and the patterns are amazing.


There is a very good blog on their website which is worth a look.


I have found it difficult to locate where to by Mara Hoffman, although NET-A-PORTER does sell one or two items.


So that is all of the Mara Hoffman, Haus Of Belles Designer of the Week. Only thing left to say is that I finally managed to purchase the Winter Kate by Nicole Riche Jasmine Silk Satin Cardy;














Very excited!


Until next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment